- Read the label if you are unsure of appropriate disposal methods for a household chemical.
- The label may indicate if the product is safe to flush down a sanitary sewer system with lots of water.
- Never put any type of HHW into storm sewers or a septic tank system.
- If the label states not to dispose of leftover product in the trash or to save for a community collection program, try to share the leftovers.
- If leftovers can't be shared, dispose of the product by making a reservation with HHWSTL.
- Containers that once held hazardous chemicals should not be recycled.
WHY? Improper disposal of HHW can put waste workers in danger and contaminate the environment.