WE WILL BE CLOSED SAT. AUGUST 31ST
FOR THE LABOR DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
PLEASE COME BACK WHEN WE ARE OPEN!
Leaving waste unattended while we are closed is considered illegal dumping. These facilities are under 24 hour surveillance and you will be fined for the illegal dumping that is putting surrounding residents and workers in harms way.
We do not have appropriate staff available everyday, so please respect our posted hours and days of service found here.
Thank you for properly managing your household hazardous waste!
We get life happens, and you may want to come earlier or later than your appointment time or on a day that works better for your schedule. That is why we welcome walk in’s during operating hours and fluctuating your appointment time with no advanced notice!
Hoffmeister - Lemay Location Seven Hills - Florissant Location
Open every Thurs., Fri., & these Saturdays: Open every Wed. & these Saturdays:
February 23rd February 16th
March 9th March 2nd
March 23rd March 16th
April 6th March 30th
April 20th April 13th
May 4th April 27th
May 18th May 11th
June 1st June 8th
June 15th June 22nd
June 29th July 6th
July 13th July 20th
July 27th August 3rd
August 10th August 17th
August 24th August 31st
September 7th September 14th
September 21st September 28th
October 5th October 12th
October 19th October 26th
November 2nd November 9th
November 16th November 23rd
December 14th December 7th
December 28th December 21st
HHW Recycling Tips
How to Prepare HHW for Transport
- Pack waste carefully in a box or plastic storage container to prevent spillage during transport
- Do not mix chemicals! Arrange similar chemicals together when packing your car. Put pesticides together, solvents together, paints together in their own boxes
- Make sure chemicals are not leaking and lids are tightly sealed. If they are not sealed, place them in a separate container for transport
- Keep products in their original container. Label materials that are not in their original container. If you do not know what the substance is, transport it in its own box and let us know it is an unknown substance
- Place your box of household hazardous waste in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your truck
- Drive directly to the HHW disposal site carefully and let staffed personnel unload your chemicals once you arrive
If you need to cancel or reschedule a current reservation you can use the below form to manage your drop-off.
Here are some common types of HHW and estimates of how much they can weigh.* Using this calculator you can estimate what fees may apply.
|Quart of motor oil||2lbs|
|Bags of fertilizer||Up to 40lbs|
|Gallon of herbicide||8.5lbs|
|Gallon of gasoline||6lbs|
|5 Gal of driveway sealer (full)||50lbs|
|Quart can of paint||Up to 4lbs|
|Gallon can of paint||Up to 10 lbs|
|5 gallon can of paint||Up to 45lbs|
*These weights are estimates. Material will be weighed at the facility. All fees will be assessed at the time of drop-off.