Leaving waste unattended while we are closed is considered illegal dumping. These facilities are under 24 hour surveillance and you will be fined for the illegal dumping that is putting surrounding residents and workers in harms way.
We do not have appropriate staff available while closed, so please hold on to your waste or find alternative options.
South County Lemay Location -
Open every Thursday, Friday, & these Saturdays:
1/11, 1/25, 2/8, 2/22, 3/7, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2, 5/16, 5/30, 6/13, 6/27, 7/11, 7/25, 8/8, 8/22, 9/5, 9/19, 10/3, 10/17, 10/31, 11/14, 12/12
North County Seven Hills Location -
Open every Wednesday & these Saturdays:
1/4, 1/18, 2/1, 2/15, 2/29, 3/14, 3/28, 4/11, 4/25, 5/9, 5/23, 6/6, 6/20, 7/18, 8/1, 8/15, 8/29, 9/12, 9/26, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/19
HHW Recycling Tips
What do i do with my waste during a pandemic?
While we are living through some uncertain times, what we do know is certain is that everyone still generates waste during a pandemic. Here are our tips on what to do with your unwanted waste:
1. Don't create the waste in the first place! While we are home and have more time for home projects, please hold off on non-essential shopping. Store workers are put at risk everyday and you put yourself at risk with every shopping trip. You can reduce these risks by staying home and not shopping in person. (online shopping and waiting for the curve to flatten before embarking on shopping trips are perfectly good alternatives!)
2. Know how much you need ahead of time so you use up what you buy. Measure measure measure! Make sure you are buying what you need so you do not have leftovers.
3. Share leftovers! Porch drop offs to family and friends allow you to not see each other. Help reduce the waste you have and save someone from having to make their own trip!
4. Hold on to your unwanted waste! Most things have been sitting forever, and they can sit a little longer. This WILL pass and we will be re-opening. Please hold on to your stuff until we are open again to dispose of your household hazardous waste properly. Check our disposal tab for some alternatives.
5. Contact us with questions about your specific waste you need to get rid of. We can try and help as best we can. Check the contact us tab for your jurisdiction's contact information.
If you need to cancel or reschedule a current reservation you can use the below form to manage your drop-off.
Here are some common types of HHW and estimates of how much they can weigh.* Using this calculator you can estimate what fees may apply.
|Quart of motor oil||2lbs|
|Bags of fertilizer||Up to 40lbs|
|Gallon of herbicide||8.5lbs|
|Gallon of gasoline||6lbs|
|5 Gal of driveway sealer (full)||50lbs|
|Quart can of paint||Up to 4lbs|
|Gallon can of paint||Up to 10 lbs|
|5 gallon can of paint||Up to 45lbs|
*These weights are estimates. Material will be weighed at the facility. All fees will be assessed at the time of drop-off.